The Norfolk Chamber Consort welcomes music lovers to its 53rd season. Given the continuing challenges of the pandemic, the season will be held in a blended format, combining online livestreams and in-person live performances.
It will open in the magnificent sanctuary of Freemason Street Baptist Church on October 11 with a program entitled “All That Bazz,” exploring the connection between the style of Bach and contemporary styles including Jazz.
The season will continue on December 13 with our second ever Christmas program, presenting both all-time favorites and novelties.
The distinguished fortepianist Andrew Willis will grace the stage on February 6, joined by our local musicians as part of our third program in cooperation with ODU’s Diehn Concert Series.
Finally, the season will conclude on April 25 with the program “Time Machine,” showcasing the use of the harpsichord in various styles from Baroque to Contemporary.
As we look forward to another exciting season, we would like to thank all our patrons for their staunch, unwavering support. Whether you join us online or in person, we can’t wait to see you soon!
Norfolk Chamber Consort
NORFOLK CHAMBER CONSORT – COVID-19 Live Performance Procedures
The safety of you – our audience – and our artists is of the highest priority. The Norfolk Chamber Consort will be taking the following procedures this season:
- Masks covering mouth and nose will be required of everyone in attendance throughout the performance
- The performance venue will be considered a “no handshake” zone
- We kindly ask that you not gather in the narthex or lobby before or after the performance
- There will be no post-concert reception – No food or beverage will be provided
- Guests will be expected to observe social distancing to the maximum extent possible
- The sanctuary will be cordoned off to facilitate social distancing – Please choose a seat in the designated areas
- If you are you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms (including cough, sore throat, fever, runny nose), or otherwise not feeling well, we ask that you please stay home and live-stream this performance. Follow this link for live stream tickets.
By attending our events, you voluntarily accept responsibility for all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.